UPMC Psychosomatic Medicine Conference April 22, 2017, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Biomedical Science Tower South, Room S120
UPMC Psychosomatic Medicine Conference
Psychosomatic medicine remains a challenging field. Psychiatric, medical, and social factors all need to be taken into consideration when making comprehensive psychiatric consultation evaluations. This conference will provide an update on clinical care and research at the interface of psychiatry and other medical specialties including topics in palliative care, transplantation psychiatry, law and ethics, perinatal psychiatry, and integrated care.
Pierre Azzam, MD
Priya Gopalan, MD
Julie Graziane, MD
Conference Introduction: David A. Lewis, MD
Integrated Care Across UPMC: Kenneth C. Nash, MD, MMM
Roadmap: Priya Gopalan, MD
Breakout Session A: Innovations in Integrated Care
- Primary Care Services: Jody Bryk, MD and Darcy Moschenross, M
- Mindfulness: Carol M. Greco, PhD
Breakout Session B: Special Populations and Healthcare Delivery
- Pediatrics: Heather Joseph, MD; Robert Ortiz-Aguayo, MD; Justin Schreiber, OD
- Transgender Care Across the Lifespan: Tamar Carmel, MD; Morgan Faeder, MD
- Leadership in Psychosomatic Medicine: Cathy Crone, MD
Breakout Session C: Case Challenges in the Medical-Psychiatry Interface
- Psycho-Oncology: Dan Elswick, MD; Kaleena Chilcote, MD
- Pain and Psychiatry: Susan Jarquin, PhD; Ronald Glick, MD
TRAINER SPOTLIGHTS (Oral Presentations)
- The Opioid Epidemic: Karen Hacker, MD
- Closing Comments: Pierre Azzam, MD; Julie Graziane, MD
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Continuing Education and Medical Credits for Physicians, Psychologists, Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors/Certified Co-Occurring Disorders Professionals, Counselors, Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, Nurses, and Peer Specialists.
For additional information, fees and to register online (credit card only), click here to access the full conference brochure.
If you have questions regarding this conference, please contact Nancy Mundy (Telephone: 412-204-9090; E-MAIL: email@example.com).
Recovery and Wellness: The Journey Starts Here
A Joint Effort Sponsored by
Community Care Behavioral Health Organization and
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC